Windows 10: Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

Discus and support Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ethan C. Andrews, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi, had to reset my password so it wouldn't open the Microsoft sign in screen but now it takes me to the recovery screen and now it wont even recognize it as a boot drive anymore, just a usb drive. Anyone have any tips on how to get my files back?

:)

Ethan C. Andrews, Apr 25, 2024

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 25, 2024
  4. rlndcrn Win User

Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

Attaching a document from SkyDrive as to a Windows Phone email

OK...

I've never been able to do this. Here are the steps:

• Open a new outgoing email on my Windows phone
    • Choose the paperclip "Attach" icon
    • This opens up a window to "Choose Picture"
    • It does not allow me to choose documents from my SkyDrive
    I can go into SkyDrive and choose to share a document through email. However:

• this does not allow me to attach multiple documents, and
    • it does not allow me to attach a document when I'm responding to another email in an existing thread.
    These are real limitations.

Also, PDF documents are treated differently still. They are harder to attach.

I should be able to attach any document originating from an email.

Thanks. I hope that helps.

rlndcrn, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

1. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment? - Similar Threads - Accessing document files

2. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  3. Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD: So I recently got a new laptop and I removed my OLD ssd from previous laptop because It had many files stored in desktop ad download folder which I thought I will copy to my new laptop. I got an external SSD case and connected the ssd but I cant find any desktop and documents...
  4. Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD: So I recently got a new laptop and I removed my OLD ssd from previous laptop because It had many files stored in desktop ad download folder which I thought I will copy to my new laptop. I got an external SSD case and connected the ssd but I cant find any desktop and documents...
  5. Attaching pictures to documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attaching pictures to documents: I am recently unable to attach current photos to email or Shutterfly. When I try, it takes me to old picture folders/files I created before Windows 10. Help!...
  6. how can I file an attachment from email to my documents?

how can I file an attachment from email to my documents?: how do move an email attachment to my documents file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-file-an-attachment-from-email-to-my/dcb45a23-099e-44b7-a56c-a691ca89df36"
  7. Cannot get data from usb attached ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get data from usb attached ssd: I have a laptop that kicked the bucket. It had a new 250GB WD Blue Nand Sata SSD M.2 2280. I am trying to access it via USB connection to a desktop. I can see the drive in device manager and in disk management. I cannot see it in explorer. I attached a pick of disk...
  8. Virus attached file extensions to all documents

Virus attached file extensions to all documents: I had / have some kind of virus that forced me to reset my entire dell alien laptop with windows 10. Now i have all these extensions that i have to go one by one to get rid of them so i can see my file. Is there a faster way like a macro or something i can use to do this...
  9. Can not access documents on USB device

Can not access documents on USB device: Since installing W10 am unable to open files stored on USB. OS acknowledges drive with 'noise' when plugged in, but what do I click to open the the files?. 10697
  10. SSD USB 3.0 is not accessible

SSD USB 3.0 is not accessible: I have been using this SSD for almost 2 years now and I couldn't be happier until a couple of days ago, when my computer did not read it when I connected. (I use a Qosmio X70, win 10) Here's what's happening. When I connect it shows up on the task bar as it's manufacturer's...