Windows 10: Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home

Discus and support Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried logging into our computer the other day and the only profile available was the account for our children, which of course does not have admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AggieM02, Apr 25, 2024.

1. AggieM02 Win User

Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home

I tried logging into our computer the other day and the only profile available was the account for our children, which of course does not have admin access. My profile is completely gone. I feel like I have tried every suggestion online and am getting close to completely restoring the computer to factory settings. The profile still exists in the list of user profiles, but I can not access it to log in.

:)

AggieM02, Apr 25, 2024

2. Windows 10 No longer have a profile with admin authority

Here you go:

• Turn the machine on.
    • Wait until the spinning circle appears.
    • Turn the machine off.
    • Repeat Steps 1 . . 3 two more times.
    • Walk through the menus that appear until you find System Restore.
    • Restore Windows to a date before you changed things.
    • Plan ahead and create, test and document a spare admin account. Having a single admin account is risky, as you just found out.

Frederik Long, Apr 25, 2024
  3. admin login disappeared

Hi Barry,

You may not be able to access the options to perform the above method due to the local user profile status.
    Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home - Similar Threads - Admin profile longer

2. Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin profile no longer appears on login and can not be accessed. Windows 11 home: I tried logging into our computer the other day and the only profile available was the account for our children, which of course does not have admin access. My profile is completely gone. I feel like I have tried every suggestion online and am getting close to completely...
  3. Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11: For some unknown reason, my system can no longer access iCloud. When I try to log in I get the following error:"An error occurred during authentication. Please try again."Windows 11 Pro 22621.1848...
  4. Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11

Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11: For some unknown reason, my system can no longer access iCloud. When I try to log in I get the following error:"An error occurred during authentication. Please try again."Windows 11 Pro 22621.1848...
  5. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre: I created an account with Microsoft and got the basic business plan. Was trying to set up the users and domain settings and it automatically logged me out. Now I can only access a users account I created but not the admin account....
  6. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre: I created an account with Microsoft and got the basic business plan. Was trying to set up the users and domain settings and it automatically logged me out. Now I can only access a users account I created but not the admin account....
  7. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

8. No longer access to admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer access to admin account: I am the sole user of this pc but can no longer get full access to the Powershell or upgrade my current admin status to change user options. Also File Explorer does not function correctly eg It will not let me rename any directory and instead just closes itself....
  9. Admin account no longer appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account no longer appearing: I signed in as a guest 2 days ago, and now I can't login to my other account. The account folders still appear under C: Users... However, I am unable to enter admin name & password. This is frustrating. At this point it seems the only option is to factory reset the...
  10. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer: So, a while back I had a problem on the Windows 10 Home Edition where it would not let me change my lock screen. Since I didn't have the pro edition, I couldn't change the policy in the registry editor because of a lack of one, so I transferred all my files to a local...