Windows 10: I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

Discus and support I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bitrus Hyalave Ndigah, May 7, 2024.

1. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist

:)

Bitrus Hyalave Ndigah, May 7, 2024

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, May 7, 2024
  3. External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive

Thank you for the response.

I change the letter of the drive trying to fix the error (the problem existed before that
    ). Also my external drive was working as an external drive and changed in sometime by itself ( ? ).

The responses from the questions that you made are:

1. MaxTor M3 Portable 1TB | Model:HX-M101TCB/GRM
    2. I am still able (like before)
      to save and create files and folders inside the disk.The problem that i mention is that i was not able to create the AutoRun.inf file (access denied)
    3. I can copy and paste data from my drive
    4. Disk perform showed no error (but it showed as a Label name:
      "nakos" but in the same time when i open my Computer and see the drives the label is as Local Disk
    The main problem that i have is that my external disk was appeared to my computer and to other computer too as a external disk (with the Label and the icon that i set). Now there is appeared as a Local Disk and ignore whatever
    label name i enter. I have set up all the folders, sub-folders and HTML projects to work in this disk with the label that was there before and not as a Local Disk, that's why is important to me to return him in the format like before.

Thanks again

NakosKotsanis91, May 7, 2024
  4. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

Mismatched drive labels in windows.

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the labeling or identification of your Samsung 980 PRO drives in Windows 11. There are a few potential causes for this issue, including incorrect driver installation, driver conflicts, or a hardware issue.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the device manager: Open the Device Manager in Windows 11, and expand the "Disk drives" category. Check to see if both Samsung 980 PRO drives are listed, and whether they are correctly labeled. If they are not listed or incorrectly labeled, try updating or reinstalling the driver for the drives.

Check the BIOS: Restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup. Check to see if both drives are detected by the BIOS and whether their labels are correct. If they are not detected or labeled correctly in the BIOS, it may indicate a hardware issue.

Reinstall Windows: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to reinstall Windows 11. During the installation process, make sure to select the correct drive to install Windows onto, and ensure that both drives are properly detected and labeled.

If you continue to experience issues with mislabeled drives, you may want to contact Samsung support

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, May 7, 2024
Thema:

I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

1. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't... - Similar Threads - bought fairly used

2. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...: I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-fairly-used-microsoft-drive-label-laptop/188a7d58-46c3-4fba-b072-4f7bcd39f5d6
  3. I bought a laptop and its local disk is 29gb and I really extra 100gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a laptop and its local disk is 29gb and I really extra 100gb: it is a hp windows 10 notebook pc and it is brand new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-laptop-and-its-local-disk-is-29gb-and-i/c8d7ba38-3422-43aa-a423-9a2c0c37ee7f
  4. I bought a laptop and its local disk is 29gb and I really extra 100gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I bought a laptop and its local disk is 29gb and I really extra 100gb: it is a hp windows 10 notebook pc and it is brand new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-laptop-and-its-local-disk-is-29gb-and-i/c8d7ba38-3422-43aa-a423-9a2c0c37ee7f
  5. I bought a laptop and its local disk is 29gb and I really extra 100gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unique Volume Labels Display as "Local Disk" in explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unique Volume Labels Display as "Local Disk" in explorer Windows 10: Just ran fresh installation of windows 10 on an office workstation and none of the volume labels that have been set for the drives are displaying in explorer.From the attached image you can see that the volume labels or "friendly names" are both visible in Powershell and in...
  7. Can I Delete Local Disk Drives?

Can I Delete Local Disk Drives?: I have two local disk drives R (used 6.38GB) and W (182MB) that appeared after I attempted to install BitLocker. I changed my mind and stopped the install before it was finished. My question is, can I delete them without harm to my computer? Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 (OS...
  8. My disks in disk management are labeled Disk 11 - 19, I don't have a disk 0 or disk 1, my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disks in disk management are labeled Disk 11 - 19, I don't have a disk 0 or disk 1, my...: I'm having a problem. I have two SSDs and an array of HDDs setup on storage spaces that has several volumes on it. Today I tried restarting my computer and when I rebooted I got a BSOD after slowly unplugging my peripherals and harddrives I found out it was my second SSD, my...
  9. i don't how to print labels

in Windows 10 Customization
    i don't how to print labels: I need help printing labels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-how-to-print-labels/a9cd3902-36fa-47c8-8311-32930f08c60d
  10. Unknown Local Disk drive

Unknown Local Disk drive: I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local Disk F drive (which has 896 MB free of 914 MB and the Properties say it was created on May 21, 2018). What can this F drive be...