Windows 10: My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

Discus and support My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matheus Rinaldi1, May 7, 2024.

1. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC.

:)

Matheus Rinaldi1, May 7, 2024

2. Libraries are placed in onedrive folder instead of local folder

Hi HalSATL,

They're shell folders, which are different from Libraries.

To revert the shell folder locations to default, open OneDrive and do the following:

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder might erase the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

• Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
    • Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
    • In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link under the special folder (Desktop, Documents, or Pictures)
    • Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
    • Repeat the step for each shell folder you want to revert to the original location.
    See also: Error “The folder can’t be moved here” Moving Documents/Pictures, Caused by OneDrive

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 7, 2024
  3. Sid_0987 Win User
    Documents and Pictures folder shortcuts in User folder go to OneDrive instead of the local folders.

Hello. I am having troubles with my User folder in Windows 10.

I had OneDrive activated because I use OneDrive to store files I want available across multiple devices, but there are other files that I keep local in my home machine. I've had a OneDrive Documents and Pictures folders showing together with my local Documents
    and Pictures folders under my User folder. I didn't like it, but it was working alright. Today, however, my local folders disappeared from my User folder in File Explorer and I cannot access them through the User folder shortcuts. The actual local folders
    are still in my hard drive because if I enter their path, they can be navigated to. The shortcuts now only point to OneDrive folders.

I deactivated OneDrive in my machine and all I got was a local copy of the OneDrive folders that the User folder keeps pointing to.

I tried the Properties > Location tab to point to the location of my local folders instead, but 1. Documents shortcut didn't have a Locations tab, and 2. Pictures folder says I don't have access to change the location.

How do I get my User folder to display all shortcuts to my local folders and my OneDrive folder to have the shortcuts to the OneDrive folders instead of this huge mix?

Help please!

Specs:

Windows 10 Build 10586.420

Sid_0987, May 7, 2024
  4. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

Shawn Brink, May 7, 2024
Thema:

My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

1. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem... - Similar Threads - documents folder links

2. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  3. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  4. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  5. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  6. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

7. How to use Documents and other folders on my local folders not the OneDrive ones?

How to use Documents and other folders on my local folders not the OneDrive ones?: I want to save my own files on my own laptop without using onedrive, but after I moved everything from onedrive document back to local document folder C:\Users\yazaw\Documents, the desktop and other links and even games that use the folder still points to the previous folder...
  8. Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally

Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally: On my new computer, if I right-click my Documents folder under "This PC", I see that it is set to the OneDrive folder. But need my documents available offline too and want it the way it was with my old computer. There it would save locally and send a copy to OneDrive.How can...
  9. Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally: On my new computer, if I right-click my Documents folder under "This PC", I see that it is set to the OneDrive folder. But need my documents available offline too and want it the way it was with my old computer. There it would save locally and send a copy to OneDrive.How can...
  10. Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally